It's Easter Bunny time again in Rancho Murieta. Join the fun Saturday at Stonehouse Park when the annual Kiwanis Club Easter Egg Hunt and Family Picnic takes place from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Admission is free and tickets may be purchased for food and activities. Read more »
RanchoMurieta.com is Now Closed
RanchoMurieta.com has ceased publication as of Aug. 2, after 19 years of covering the news of our community.
For the time being, you will still be able to view this site in read only mode.
Thank you for your kind responses to Ralph’s health situation. We’re happy to report he’s much improved and expects to make a full recovery. We’ll see you around the neighborhood.
– Karen Muldoon and Ralph Frattura
After the event, Pamela Haines removes the braided ribbon from the maypole and gives it to a lucky participant. 2016 file photo. (Click for larger image)
Every May 1 for the last 25 years, you could find Pamela Haines in the shady field across from the North Gate. For a half-hour or so, she would beat a drum and lead children around a maypole to mark May Day in a celebration from another generation. She’ll do it a final time this year, and unless someone steps up, that will be that – the community’s last maypole. Read more »
Posted by Rancho Murieta Kiwanis Club
Thursday evening's Kiwanis Club meeting will hear from Norm Hile, the lead attorney fighting to defend a death-row inmate whom Hile feels was framed. Hile, senior counsel for the Orick law firm, will discuss why he took the pro-bono case and the impact of death penalty cases on prisons. Also on the agenda: Joanne Lehman, president of the Rancho Murieta Voices. The meeting will be 7 p.m. at the Villas Clubhouse. Guests are welcome. Refreshments will be served.
Rancho Murieta Country Club golf and social members can expect different monthly dues soon – with some members paying more and some paying less. About 120 members Thursday night heard the club board explain the need to eliminate the promotional dues structures in effect for many members since 2013 and 2014. Read more »
Posted by River Valley Garden Club
The Rancho Murieta Trash 'n' Treasure community yard sale is scheduled for Saturday, June 1, in the parking lot of the Community Church (former FAA Building), 14670 Cantova Way. Vendors will be selling used and new items from 8 a.m. to noon. The River Valley Garden Club is sponsoring this event. Vendor applications are available for download at rivervalleygardenclub.net or can be picked up at the Rancho Murieta Association Building. Regular sized vendor spaces are approximately 9 by 17 feet and rent for $45, while a few smaller vendor spaces are 8 by 15½ feet and rent for $35. For more information, contact Pam McCabe at (916) 354-0913.
- ADULT CARE SERVICES: Honor Thy Elders
- APPLIANCES and SERVICE: Valley Oak Home Appliance Center
- AUTO SERVICES and SALES: A Auto Care
- BUSINESS SERVICES: CABS Bookkeeping Solutions
- CEMETERY and MORTUARY: Daneri Mortuary and Sunset View Cemetery
- DENTISTS: Jackson Creek Dental Group
- ELECTRICAL SERVICES: AMMA Electric
- GLASS REPAIR: Southgate Glass
- GUTTER CLEANING: Shade's Commercial and Residential Services
- HARDWARE: Rancho Murieta Ace Hardware
- HOME REPAIR: Handy Bob's ... Neighborhood Pro Handyman
- HOUSEHOLD ORGANIZATION: Clear the Clutter
- INSURANCE: Farmers - Tom Mathews ... State Farm - Anne Lintz ... State Farm - Bill Batchelder
- INTERNET / PHONE: Greenfield Communications
- JEWELRY: Adrian Blanco Jewelry
- LEGAL: John M. O'Brien & Associates
- ORTHODONTIST: Elk Grove Orthodontics
- PETS: Rancho Murieta Pet Sitting
- PHYSICAL THERAPY: Results Physical Therapy of Rancho Murieta
- POWER WASHING: Squeaky Clean
- RESTAURANTS: The Backyard BBQ, Burgers & Brews
- SENIOR LIVING: Summerset Senior Living
- SPA: Prima Spa & Wellness Center
- SWIMMING POOL BUILDING AND SERVICE: Crystal Pacific Pool Service ... Sac Pool Pros
- TILE AND STONE: Murieta Carpet and Stone
- TREE SERVICES: Eco Landscape & Tree Management System